When you create a test, QTP Creates a graphical representation of the steps you perform on your application. These steps are displayed in Keyword view tab.
Keyword view shows object hierarchy in an icon-based table.
Keyword view enables to view the tests of your test in a keyword-driven, modular, table format. Each step is represented as a seperate row in the table.
The columns in the Keyword View show different information for each step, as follows:
- Item: Test object, utility object, function call, or statement in a hierarchical icon-based tree.
- Operation: Operation to be performed on the item, Ex: Click or Select.
- Value: Argument values for the selected operation, Ex: mouse button to use when clicking the image.
- Documentation: Auto-documentation of what the step does, in an easy-to-understand sentence. Ex: Click "findFlights" image.
- Assignment: Assigning a value to or from a variable (not visible by default.)
- Comment: Textual information regarding the step, (not visible by default.)